Thursday, April 10, 2008

Some Things That Annoy Me - Volume 1

I was inspired to write this post after seeing a truth commercial called "The Magical Amount" with dancing leprechauns, unicorns and morons dancing around singing an annoying song. I'm cool with the message that smoking is bad, but come on.....

So, I have decided to mention just a couple of other things that annoy me:

1) Talking insanely loud on your cell phone while you are in the office. Lower your voice, I'm sure they can hear you, if not, use the office line.

2) People who can't drive while talking on their cell phones. Learn how to do it safely or pull off the road. Where I'm going is more important than what is distracting you. Most of the time.

3) The insanse sense of entitlement that plagues the children of central Lake County. You reside in Libertyville, not Buckingham Palace. You drive a VW Bug, not a Bentley. You have not earned any form of wealth, you parents did, so nobody owes you a thing. Thanks for being born though.

4) When people don't change the toilet paper roll. Seriously.

5) Judgements. I hate that. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but have some respect for others situations and how they have arrived at where they are if you don't approve of it. I am guilty of this at times, and it annoys me even more when I do it.

Ok, time for bed. Check back later for more :)

Word.

3 comments:

SP said...

ton.. i completely agree with #1 and #2.. so much so that i had to expand -
#1 - i also cannot stand people at work who listen to their conference calls or voicemails on speaker phone insanely loud, or really at all. it may be more convenient for you that you're hands free, but it's quite distracting to the rest of us and we quite frankly don't care.

#2 - being a city girl, i walk for half of my commute, and i can't stand people who read while walking down the L stairs or walking along the sidwalk, which in the city is just as full as the road and you are to obey the same rules. seriously, you're reading? while walking? and making me late for work? i am a huge fan of reading! but not while walking. the same thing applies to texting. word.

The Ross Family said...

"The insanse sense of entitlement that plagues the children of central Lake County. You reside in Libertyville, not Buckingham Palace. You drive a VW Bug, not a Bentley. You have not earned any form of wealth, you parents did, so nobody owes you a thing. Thanks for being born though."

That is hott! So very true and I wish that there was a way to fit THAT on a bumper sticker!

Espresso Mom said...

hehehe, you are funny. I love you.