Thursday, April 10, 2008

My 1st Blog

Ok, I guess I should say - "Welcome to my Blog" - but to be honest, I'm not even sure what a blog is or how it got it's very lame moniker. How about a cooler name than blog? Anything? Who thought up the term "weblog" anyways and decided to shorten it? Was there a vote? Things like this should really be voted on. I'm sure there are much more creative and appealing ways to describe these little online journals. In an effort to figure out the true definition of a blog, I went to http://www.dictionary.com/. This is great. Definition of web log is "see blog" and the definition of blog is "see weblog". Hmmmm......So, knowing that a blog is simply on online journal, I decided to look up "journal" in the thesaurus and came up with the most awesome synonym ever: swindle sheet. It was better than toilet paper (which was also a synonym) and more importantly, made me laugh out loud. Therefore, I will forever refer to my blog as my swindle sheet or 'Mr. Swindles' for short.

Continuing on, I'm not really sure what else I can post about at this time. I have no news, I do not have children yet (and don't plan on it until I figure what I want out of life), I have a half crazy family, I have a half crazy group of friends (sorry but it's true, but don't worry, you aren't the ones I'm talking about. Or are you?) and I coach diving in my "spare time". Anyway, I like to have a good time and I try not to take things too seriously all of the time.

So, welcome to my little world. I will try to keep it interesting!

Word.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay!!!! I love it!!!You are linked to me now, too. Hope that's okay.

Anonymous said...

You are the bestest, funniest friend ever. I big puffy heart you!
-Carynn